Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Welcome Home, Lila!



In October of 2007, my fiance and I had just recently purchased a built-to-order home.One of the biggest reasons why we were so excited to get a house was because we both wanted to have dogs of our own. Keith and I spent many of our weekends at Petland. One weekend in January, we went up to Petland and I spotted her... a beautiful Great Dane. She was a perfect match for me. I originally wanted a dalmatian, but after much research decided that a dalmatian wasn't the best match. After seeing the spotting of a Harlequin Great Dane, I knew that was the kind of dog I wanted. So back to that day, well she looked really cute in her crate then when she got out, that was a whole nother story! She was so rambunctious! Within minutes Keith and I both had scratches all over our bodies. The bitting of the toes was no fun and games either. OUCH! Even though she was a complete terror of a puppy, I still felt strongly that this could be my future dog. We didn't purchase her on that first day, but we made 2 other trips to see her and on January 19, 2008 we brought home the beautiful beast! :-) She was so small under 30 pounds and I could hold her in my lap... oh how times have changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment