Friday, October 26, 2012


Lila at her 1st birthday!
Today would have been Lila's 5th Birthday. She will always have a special place in my heart!  I miss my girl terribly!  I think about her every day. Looking at "her tree" in the backyard reminds me just how precious life is. It still hurts to think about how her life was cut short, even though she wanted to live so badly. In honor of Lila, Keith and I will look at the photos and clips we have of her. It has been so hard to watch or look at anything because she meant so much to us. We were in a state of shock when we found out she had bone cancer. I feel very thankful that we got a whole year after diagnosis. In that year, she truly reminded us why we loved her so much. How taking away one of her legs didn't stop her lively spirit or her eagerness to love. I love you, Lila! You will be talked about for many years to come. 

1 comment:

  1. Remembering your Lila as two days crucial to her existence fall this month round about this date. I know you have new additions to your family & congratulations on that. Remember you from Bonecancerdogs & looking forward to seeing a new post on Lila on her 8th Birthday. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete